Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chinese-Korean dish of spicy shrimp. This dish can very very spicy or mild depending upon the peppers used.
- 1 lb shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- 4 dried red peppers
- 3 tablespoons onions (finely chopped)
- 2 red peppers (finely chopped)
- 2 green peppers (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Mix shrimp with egg wite, corn starch and just enough water that you have a thick batter. Then lightly fry shrimp.
- Add chili oil and dried peppers peppers to hot pan. Add rest of sauce ingredients except water and corn starch. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Mix water and corn starch then add to pan. Mix well.
- Add shrimp to sauce and coat.
Delicious! Once the shrimp are fried, the sauce ingredients came together very quickly. I only used 1/2 C cornstarch with 1 egg white and about 2-3 T water for the batter for light coating. Instead of chopping the peppers and onion went ahead and cut them into bigger pieces. Thanks for posting this easy and wonderful recipe powerplantop.