Chinese-Korean dish of spicy shrimp. This dish can very very spicy or mild depending upon the peppers used.
- 1 lb shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- 4 dried red peppers
- 3 tablespoons onions (finely chopped)
- 2 red peppers (finely chopped)
- 2 green peppers (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Mix shrimp with egg wite, corn starch and just enough water that you have a thick batter. Then lightly fry shrimp.
- Add chili oil and dried peppers peppers to hot pan. Add rest of sauce ingredients except water and corn starch. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Mix water and corn starch then add to pan. Mix well.
- Add shrimp to sauce and coat.