Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is my favorite shrimp recipe that my family makes, and I think it may have originally been from Rachael Ray. You can have it over noodles, over rice or as a side dish to a steak. I usually cook it in a pan, but you can also put it on skewers and grill it. It's just a really good way to have shrimp!
- 24 jumbo shrimp, raw, peeled and de-veined
- 2 teaspoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- lemon wedge, for garnish
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp with the crushed red pepper, Montreal steak seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Saute the garlic in the pan until it's a pale golden color, then add the shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp until just pink, about 3 minutes. (Cooking time may be longer if not all the shrimp are in contact with the pan. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp or it will be rubbery!).
- When the shrimp is done, remove the pan from the heat and add the lemon juice. Enjoy!
I went ahead and doubled this recipe & also added baby scallops to it. I was out of lemons but used lime in place. Also I more than doubled the sauce, to mop up with crusty bread. Served it at our football party. The shrimp was liked by everyone! Thanks for sharing! :)