My wife didn't like shrimp until we made this recipe. Now she loves it, and especially when we make it like this.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium high heat, with the olive oil.
- Add garlic and the de arbol peppers (you can use any dried spicy pepper, like thai, bird's eye, pequin, etc -- ).
- If you like it milder, do not break open the chiles, if you like it hot, break 'em up, I do!
- Before the garlic starts to brown, add the shrimp and cook until no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the wine and reduce it for about 3 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, and add the cilantro, stir, and serve immediately.
- You can serve it with fettucini pasta, or on a bed of rucola, for example.
- Sometimes we just make a salad with it and use french bread to mop up the goodness.