Prep 4 mins
Cook 8 mins
My wife didn't like shrimp until we made this recipe. Now she loves it, and especially when we make it like this.
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 whole chiles de arbol
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 glass white wine
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium high heat, with the olive oil.
- Add garlic and the de arbol peppers (you can use any dried spicy pepper, like thai, bird's eye, pequin, etc -- ).
- If you like it milder, do not break open the chiles, if you like it hot, break 'em up, I do!
- Before the garlic starts to brown, add the shrimp and cook until no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the wine and reduce it for about 3 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, and add the cilantro, stir, and serve immediately.
- You can serve it with fettucini pasta, or on a bed of rucola, for example.
- Sometimes we just make a salad with it and use french bread to mop up the goodness.
Fabulous recipe. I repeat....fabulous recipe. MUST TRY!
This is a recipe worthy of making again & again. I used a wok just sprayed it with "No Oil" (no butter or Olive oil used) added the garlic and 2 Serrano pepppers cut in half to allow some heat out but not too overpowering. Then I added the wine (Marsala). I used 1/4 cup the recipe said 1/2 glass and I wasn't sure what size glaas you meant. Then added the prawns, put the lid on the wok and in 3 minutes they were perfect. I cut the recipe back to 14 prawns. Delicious recipe