Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Seamus Mullen - Boqueria, New York City
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 16 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- In a small sauté pan, heat the oil until it starts to shimmer (just below smoking temperature); add the pepper flakes, and then the garlic.
- As the garlic begins to brown, season the shrimp with salt and pepper, then place the shrimp in the pan with the garlic, swirling the pan gently.
- Sauté over medium-high heat for 1 minute, then stir in the parsley.
- Sauté for another minute, remove from the heat, and serve.