Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of my diet recipes that I found while on Weight Watchers. I saw that there is a 1-point recipe but, this is 4 points and well-worth the extra 3 points!!!
- 4 garlic cloves
- 44.37 ml white wine or 44.37 ml nonalcoholic white wine
- 29.58 ml fat-free chicken broth
- 19.71 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 453.59 g frozen peeled and deveined medium- large shrimp, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- In a medium bowl, combine the garlic, wine, broth, oil, salt, and red-pepper flakes. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and warm over medium high heat. Add the bell bell pepper and cook for 1 minute to soften slightly. Add the shrimp and all but 1 tablespoon of the marinade. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink on the bottom. Turn the shrimp over and cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until the shrimp are opaque.
- In a cup, dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 1 tablespoon marinade. Push the shrimp to the side of the pan and stir the cornstarch into the sauce is slightly thickened. Mix with the shrimp and serve immediately.
We enjoyed this shrimp dish. I made it almost exactly as written except that I added a touch of oil to the pan rather than nonstick spray, and cut back on the crushed red pepper slightly for the kiddos. I think next time I will try doubling the sauce and serving over pasta. Made for ZWT5.
I'd give you 10 stars if I could. What a great low fat, low carb, low cal meal. The red pepper were wonderful with the shrimp. Such great flavor. I did cheat a little, I added in about 8 cloves of roasted garlic that I made the other night. FANTASTICO! Made for my teammate for ZWT4. UPDATE: I made it again last night and served it atop some cheesy polenta with a side of broccoli. . .wonderful! I almost think the broccoli would be a great addition to the actual shrimp dish.