1/5 Photos of Spicy Garlic Shrimp
This is one of my diet recipes that I found while on Weight Watchers. I saw that there is a 1-point recipe but, this is 4 points and well-worth the extra 3 points!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons white wine or 3 tablespoons nonalcoholic white wine
- 2 tablespoons fat-free chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb frozen peeled and deveined medium- large shrimp, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1In a medium bowl, combine the garlic, wine, broth, oil, salt, and red-pepper flakes. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
- 2Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and warm over medium high heat. Add the bell bell pepper and cook for 1 minute to soften slightly. Add the shrimp and all but 1 tablespoon of the marinade. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink on the bottom. Turn the shrimp over and cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until the shrimp are opaque.
- 3In a cup, dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 1 tablespoon marinade. Push the shrimp to the side of the pan and stir the cornstarch into the sauce is slightly thickened. Mix with the shrimp and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Garlic Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.1
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 965.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 16.0 g