Recipe by jkoch960
This is one of my diet recipes that I found while on Weight Watchers. I saw that there is a 1-point recipe but, this is 4 points and well-worth the extra 3 points!!!
Top Review by helowy
We enjoyed this shrimp dish. I made it almost exactly as written except that I added a touch of oil to the pan rather than nonstick spray, and cut back on the crushed red pepper slightly for the kiddos. I think next time I will try doubling the sauce and serving over pasta. Made for ZWT5.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons white wine or 3 tablespoons nonalcoholic white wine
- 2 tablespoons fat-free chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb frozen peeled and deveined medium- large shrimp, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine the garlic, wine, broth, oil, salt, and red-pepper flakes. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and warm over medium high heat. Add the bell bell pepper and cook for 1 minute to soften slightly. Add the shrimp and all but 1 tablespoon of the marinade. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink on the bottom. Turn the shrimp over and cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until the shrimp are opaque.
- In a cup, dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 1 tablespoon marinade. Push the shrimp to the side of the pan and stir the cornstarch into the sauce is slightly thickened. Mix with the shrimp and serve immediately.