Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
It's really hard for people who have to limit sugar and carbohydrates in their diet to find interesting snacks to munch on. Nuts and cheese are easily overused when you need to eat a protein based snack every few hours. In my experience, food boredom usually equals diet failure. Roasted chick peas take on the crunchy texture of roasted peanuts and you can spice them however you like. My take on the snack vaguely resembles the taste of Cajun French fries.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Dry thoroughly.
- Combine oil and spices in a bowl. Toss chickpeas in the oil and spice mixture.
- Spread the chick peas in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy.
- Store in an airtight container.