Recipe by Frank G.
I enjoyed AmyLou2's Pot Roast, but made it with a variation. Spicy & tangy, this pot roast has kick with the chillies. Great variation on a classic! Cook in slow cooker, or in large pot over low heat. The longer it cooks, the more tender and flavourful the beef.
- 1 (4 -5 lb) boneless beef chuck or 1 (4 -5 lb) beef shoulder or 1 (4 -5 lb) blade pot roast
- 2 -3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 -3 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup sliced radish
- 5 -6 garlic cloves
- 2 -3 hot chili peppers
- 1 bunch kale
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 large onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt roast generously.
- In large pot in tablespoon oil, cook beef over medium heat until brown on all sides.
- Once browned, spead horseradish over roast, and add pepper.
- Pour in wine.
- Add onions, carrots, garlic, radishes, and kale around the roast in pot.
- Place chillies on top of roast.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours.
- Once tender, tear apart the beef and mix into broth.
- Serve over potatoes.