Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These olives are great on an antipasto platter or tossed with other veggies in a pasta,rice or couscous dish. Super easy and what a nice gift for the gourmand on your list! When the olives are gone, use the leftover oil to make salad dressing or as a marinade starter.
- 1 (12 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (or 5 cloves put through a press)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili paste
- 2 cups olive oil
- Place olives in pint jar. Add garlic and chili paste. Fill jar with enough oil to cover olives.
- Close jar lid tightly. Shake gently to distribute seasonings.
- Refrigerate at least two days before serving.
Made these and put them in the refrigerator for 4 days. When I tried the first one it was very oily which I did not care for so I wiped them with a paper towel before trying another one. The garlic flavor was not very strong and they were not spicy to me, but I am used to eating extremely spicy foods so that may have been just me. Thanks Ma for letting me try your recipe. Made for Fall 08 PAC.