Recipe by $$DoWn N DiRrTy$$
I love this recipe because it's easy and fast. I always use it for parties, and I always keep it in the fridge for a little snack. You can dip anything in it, although me and my friends prefer using fresh pita bread from a middle eastern market. Caution though, when I say spicy, I mean SPICY!!!
Top Review by Tiny kitchen, big chef
Family loved this although I did change it up some. I used 6 large cloves of garlic and since I didn't have any habaneros or jalapeno I used 1/2 tsp of chili garlic paste. I also through in a couple roased red peppers. Worked great. Easy peazy and very inexpensive!
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans garbanzo beans
- 2 habaneros (or more, pickled is ok)
- 2 tablespoons lemons
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic (more if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (more depending on the consistancy you want)
- 2 -3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain both cans of garbanzo beans and put them in the food processor.
- Add in tahini, lemon, and garlic, and turn on the processor.
- As processor mixes these ingredients, add the other ingredients, and keep processor going until smooth. Keep in mind, that the more olive oil you use, the smoother it becomes.
- When finished, refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.