1 hr 20 mins
Logan's Mama's Note:
These are a family favorite! The wings turn out crispy every time. You can omit or add more garlic, depending on your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw wings and pat dry, set aside.
- 2Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees.
- 3Combine flour, pepper, and seasoned salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- 4Add oil to large skillet and heat on medium-high.
- 5When oil is ready for frying, use tongs to coat wings in flour/pepper/salt mixture and add to pan.
- 6Be sure to add wings to pan slowly as to not bring doing the temperature of the oil too quickly.
- 7Fry wings until slightly golden on each side.
- 8You will move wings to a baking sheet with either a cooling rack or baking grid on top of the sheet. You can line with foil as well to minimize cleanup. Basically, you want the wings to cook and the oil to drip down to the pan, so whatever you need to use to do that will work!
- 9Place wings in oven for 30-40 minutes.
- 10You should remove when they are crispy enough for you--I like mine crispy so I tend to go for 40-45 minutes.
- 11While wings are in the oven, prepare the sauce.
- 12Melt 1/2 cup of margarine in a small saucepan.
- 13Add garlic, finely chopped.
- 14Sautee garlic in butter for 3-4 minutes on medium-low heat.
- 15Add hot sauce.
- 16When wings are done, remove from oven and let them rest for 5 minutes or so.
- 17Use tongs and coat wings in sauce and plate.
- 18Enjoy with ranch or blue cheese dressing!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Garlic Hot Wings
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2664.3
- Calories from Fat 2293
- Total Fat 254.8 g
- Saturated Fat 43.0 g
- Cholesterol 233.0 mg
- Sodium 1926.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 61.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: