Recipe by bennybeneficial
Got creative in the kitchen, and the result tastes very close to the delicious Spicy Garlic sauce at Buffalo Wild Wings!
- 6 ounces dry linguine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup frank's buffalo wing sauce (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbles
- 1⁄2 cup reserved pasta water
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta according to package instructions.
- In a separate pan, cook shallots in butter until translucent.
- Add flour slowly and constantly stir to create a roux.
- Add heavy cream and stir to incorporate.
- Add garlic powder, Italian seasoning, reserved pasta water, and buffalo wing sauce until incorporated.
- Add blue cheese crumbles and cook until melted.
- Drain pasta and empty into sauce pan, stirring to incorporate. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with parsley.
- ** I made this vegetarian, but chicken and bacon would be perfect additions for a satisfying meal.
- ** Keep at least another 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water on hand to thin out the sauce if necessary.