Recipe by KandB
This is a great dish we have at a local chinese restaurant that I came home and played with. They're an excellent side dish. I store some thai peppers in oil that I use in place of the olive oil but regular olive oil is fine. This recipe is great if you cube up a chicken breast into 1/2" cubes and add it also.
Top Review by whtbxrmom
I made this with beans from the farm box and minced a fresh pepper to use instead of the pepper flakes. My family really liked these. The only complaint was that they were a little oily, so maybe I will cut back on the oils a little next time.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, finely chopped, divided
- 1⁄2-1 lb green beans, fresh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried hot peppers, finely diced or 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 dash kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and cut stems off green beans. Heat up skillet with 2 T olive oil. When hot toss in half the garlic. Just as it starts to pop add sesame oil and green beans and toss until lightly coated. As green beans warm up add soy and pepper flakes. Toss lightly and cover over med-low heat until green beans are tender.
- When green beans are tender and almost ready, add remaining garlic, salt to taste and continue to cook until garlic is toasty.
- Remove and serve hot.