I'm posting this for my friend Riffraff who is looking for a good pickle recipe. This one has been passed around my family for years. The original came from my cousin's MIL. Mom's grandkids grew up eating these, now I'm making them for my kids and soon my grandkids. Note that because these are not pre-brined they must sit for 6-8 weeks before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash cucumbers, drain.
- 2Cut cucumbers lengthwise into quarters.
- 3Bring water, vinegar and salt to a boil.
- 4Place 1 dried pepper, 1 clove garlic and 1 sprig dill into each hot sterilized jar.
- 5Pack cucumbers tightly into jars.
- 6Ladle hot liquid over cucumbers, leaving 1/4 inch head space (This should cover the cucumbers).
- 7Remove air bubbles by running a knife down into the jars.
- 8Put lids and rings on jars.
- 9Process for 15 minutes in a boiling water canner.
- 10Remove jars to a towel on a counter.
- 11The lids should be sealed (you won't be able to"pop" the lids).
- 12Allow to sit for at least 6-8 weeks before opening.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Garlic Dill Pickles for Riffraff
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3146.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: