My favorite pickles! Crunchy and spicy, these will tickle your taste buds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak cucumbers overnight in cold water. Drain and place into quart-sized sterilized Mason jars so that they are firmly packed but not smashed (Recipe estimate is for 6 cucumbers per jar, but naturally this will vary depending on the size of your cucumbers).
- 2In large pan, boil vinegar, water and pickling salt.
- 3Pour over cucumbers in the jars.
- 4Per jar add 2 or 3 cloves garlic, dill, 1/8 teaspoon alum, and 2 peppers.
- 5Store in a cool dark place (I use my pantry). Ready in about 30 days.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Garlic Dill Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (2416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.0
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14200.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 34.9 g
- Protein 14.1 g