Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
My favorite pickles! Crunchy and spicy, these will tickle your taste buds.
- 36 small cucumbers
- 1 quart vinegar
- 2 quarts water
- 3⁄4 cup pickling salt
- 18 garlic cloves
- 12 sprigs fresh dill (or 3T whole dill seed)
- 12 hot peppers (or 6 chili peppers and 6 jalepenos)
- Soak cucumbers overnight in cold water. Drain and place into quart-sized sterilized Mason jars so that they are firmly packed but not smashed (Recipe estimate is for 6 cucumbers per jar, but naturally this will vary depending on the size of your cucumbers).
- In large pan, boil vinegar, water and pickling salt.
- Pour over cucumbers in the jars.
- Per jar add 2 or 3 cloves garlic, dill, 1/8 teaspoon alum, and 2 peppers.
- Store in a cool dark place (I use my pantry). Ready in about 30 days.