Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead the chicken will need to marinate for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours, you may need to adjust the hot sauce and cayenne to suit heat level, after you make this once you will know how much hot sauce and cayenne is suitable for you taste --- this is very good!
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 -4 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (use your favorite hot sauce)
- 6 large garlic cloves, finely chopped (do not mince finely, can use more)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- oil, as needed (to cover the bottom of the skillet)
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder (can increase to 2 teaspoons)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl combine the buttermilk with hot pepper sauce and chopped garlic; add in the pounded chicken breasts and turn to coat with the buttermilk mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6-24 hours, turning the chicken a few times during chilling.
- In a shallow dish combine all the coating ingredients.
- Remove the breasts from the buttermilk allowing any excess to drip off do not wash off the buttermilk or remove and small garlic pieces that are stuck to the chicken.
- Coat the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture pressing down firmly with hands to adhear the breadcrumb mixture to the chicken (I suggest to bread all the the breasts then place on a flat sheet before frying).
- Heat oil in the skillet over medium heat (using enough oil to to about 1/2 inch or more up the skillet.
- Cook the chicken breasts about 6-7 minutes on each side or until cooked through.