Chef #529588's Note:
Adapted from a New York Times recipe. You can decide how spicy you want to make it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a blender or food processor, blend together the cashews, cilantro, oil, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, jalapeño, lime juice, and 2 tablespoons of water.
- 2Blend until a smooth paste.
- 3Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Reserve a third of the marinade for serving with the chicken.
- 5Use the rest for coating the chicken.
- 6Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the chicken pieces.
- 7Coat the chicken pieces with the marinade.
- 8Chill for an hour or two.
- 9Bring to room temperature before cooking.
- 10Preheat broiler or grill.
- 11Broil or grill chicken, turning frequently, until golden and crisp and a meat thermometer reads 175°F when inserted into the thickest part of the thigh (not touching a bone), or when the juices run clear (not pink) when cut into with a knife.
- 12About 20 to 30 minutes.
- 13Serve with lime wedges, reserved marinade, and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Garlic Cashew Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 820.7
- Calories from Fat 577
- Total Fat 64.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 191.0 mg
- Sodium 897.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 45.8 g