Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very yummy dish I found in Cooking Light! If you like broccoli rabe, spicy and garlic...you'll LOVE this! Recommended pairing is potatoes and pork chops but I serve it with most anything! Alter the garlic and crushed red peppers to suit your tastes. We add lots more!
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces (about 6 cups)
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fleur de sel
- Cook broccoli rabe in boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge broccoli rabe into ice water; drain. Squeeze dry.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic to pain; cook 1 minute. Add broccoli rabe, juice, and pepper to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and sprinkle with fleur de sel.
Made this as written last night. Very good. Even Mr. Picky had two servings.
Nice simple dish, easy quick and great flavor. I didn't cut mine up, as I like the whole stem for the presentation. Caterer, I like that pretty presentation thing. Nice and easy. Thx!
I like this recipe, it cooks the broccoli rabe perfectly. It has been a long long time since I have eaten broccoli rabe and I had forgotten how bitter it is!! This recipe lessens the bitterness of the broccoli rabe a bit so it is a good recipe to try if you're eating broccoli rabe for the first time! I love the fleur de sel to finish!! Thanks for the recipe!