Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This stir fry is delicious with tender strips of beef, sweet fresh veggies and a spicy beef sauce. I like to marinate my stir fry meat before cooking to add an extra layer of flavor. I like to use Dale's Liquid Steak Seasoning, but it can be difficult to find. If you can't find this product, substitute 1 1/2 tbs. soy sauce plus 1 tbs. Worcestershire Sauce. It's not the same but close enough. The heat level of this dish is just right for me, but you may adjust the amount of cayenne pepper per your taste.
- 1 lb sirloin steak, sliced into thin strips (1/4-inch)
- 2 tablespoons dale's liquid steak seasoning (low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup water, boiling
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup asparagus, sliced into 2-inch lengths
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, sliced thin (medium-sized)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 cups white rice (I use quick-cooking)
- In a small mixing bowl, dissolve beef bouillon cube in boiling water. Set aside to cool.
- Place beef and steak seasoning in a plastic resealable bag. Seal bag, releasing as much air as possible, and toss/squeeze with hands until well coated. Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Once beef bouillon mixture has cooled, whisk in soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger, cayenne pepper and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat 1 tbs. oil until glistening. Brown beef strips on both sides, leaving a slight tinge of pink in the middle. Remove to another dish, cover and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tbs. oil to wok. Add vegetables and black pepper and cook until crisp-tender. Once vegetables are cooked, return beef to wok and toss to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the wok and add sauce mixture, stirring constantly until slightly thickened. Then toss all together.
- Serve immediately over rice.
This was very tasty ~ just the right amount of heat! Due to some allergies, I didn't use the Dale's Liquid Steak Seasoning so I subbed the soy sauce and the Worcestershire sauce as noted in the intro. Also, because DD doesn't like asparagus, I used matchstick carrots. Will definitely make this again using whatever veggies we have on hand. Thanks for posting this. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.