Prep 10 mins
Cook 34 mins
- Bring water to a boil and simmer beef in it for 20 minutes.
- Remove beef and discard water.
- Cool beef then slice as thinly as possible.
- Cut the slices into 2" lengths.
- Drain well and pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry beef slices for 5 minutes, or until beef is brown and dry.
- Remove from pan.
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp oil in the pan and fry onions and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add chili sauce, salt and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Return beef to the pan and cook for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Serve over rice.
Pixie, Try and use Flank, sirloin, top round or other more tender cuts of meat for the recipe. It sounds real good but you can eliminate the boiling time with other cuts of meat. Chuck is just too tough for this dish. Frank from Kennesaw,Ga.