1/2 Photos of Spicy Garlic and Lemon Crusted Shrimp
Little Suzy Homemaker's Note:
Found this shrimp recipe in an ad for Wild American Shrimp. Prep time does not include 1 hour to marinate. Meant to be an appetizer for 4 but could be main dish for 2.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, leaving tail and first segment of shell intact, and deveined
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, finely grated
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3/4 cup dark beer, such as Bass
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1Combine shrimp, garlic, shallots, black pepper, salt, lmeon zest and juice, thyme sprigs, Worcestershire, hot sauce, and beer in a large bowl. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours.
- 2Heat a 12-inch skillet over moderately high heat until hot, then add 2 tablespoons of the butter and the shrimp and marinade all at once, stirring constantly. Cook for 4 minutes or until the shrimp is pink and the bits of garlic are golden brown.
- 3Remove shrimp from the pan and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. (The sauce should have a thick consistency.).
- 4Spoon the sauce over the shrimp. Serve over pasta or rice or with warm crusty bread.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Garlic and Lemon Crusted Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.2
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 251.3 mg
- Sodium 2273.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: