Recipe by ksaxsma
This is a great salsa recipe. It's very HOT and has strong flavors of onion and garlic. Unlike a lot of salsa recipes, this one isn't sweet. The key ingredient is white vinegar, which really makes the flavors pop. I hope you like it as much as I do - Enjoy
- 3⁄4 medium red onions or 6 1⁄2 ounces red onions
- 2 -3 large jalapenos or 3 1⁄2 ounces jalapenos
- 1 ounce cilantro
- 3 medium tomatoes or 16 ounces tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Add peeled red onion, salt, white vinegar and minced garlic to blender.
- Add tomatoes - Use standard tomatoes (not roma, cherry, etc.) If possible, get ones that are vine ripened. Choosing good tomatoes makes a huge difference in the flavor!
- Add Jalapeños to blender based on your preferences to the following - Leave seeds in for some good heat. Remove them to make a milder salsa. Jalapeños can vary widely on their heat. The ones that are solid green are more mild, while the ones with the white striations up the sides are the hottest.
- Cilantro - grab the leafy end of the cilantro and pull off the thicker stems at the bottom. Add leafy part of cilantro to blender.
- Coarsely blend all ingredients and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to meld.