Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love Garbanzo beans, and this dish showcases them perfectly!
Make and share this Spicy Garbanzos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon whole mustard seeds
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat oil in a 2 quart saucepan. Add onions and mustard seeds, saute until the onion is tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, heat about 5 minutes, until beans are heated through.
Absolutely delicious way to serve garbanzos! While these were well-spiced they were not spicy hot. Loved the mustard seeds and that small amount of cinnamon and cloves really gave this a big flavor punch. Made in fond memory of pammyowl, November 2013
After reading the other reviews I'm pretty sure that the heat level is fully dependent on the mustard used brown seed and mine was flavorful but not overly hot. I love chickpea's and was happy to find this recipe. :D
Delicious! Although my mustard must be mild, since they weren't spicy at all. Lovely side dish. For ZWT9