Recipe by *Parsley*
Quick and easy. Make it as spicy as you like!
Top Review by mandabears
i lost this recipe, i had printed it and dh tossed it in the trash. we loved it and i was upset could i could not re-find it. it is super and easy and delicious. i made it in the crock pot, did not use the red pepper, personal issues with bell peppers, but used a can of ro-tel HOT instead of the jalapeno and the bell pepper. great recipe. it is now in at least 5 of my cooksbooks.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped, use as little as much of the pepper as you like (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, more to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- low-fat sour cream, for dalloping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat oil. Saute the onion, red pepper, garlic and jalepeno (if using it) for several minutes until tender.
- Add cumin, cayenne, and cilantro; stir and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add broth, garbanzos, corn, and tomatoes. Heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Serve in bowls and dallop with some sour cream, if desired.