Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Soup I made one day when I had leftover produce from the Asian market. I recommend the gai lan and the wakame to get the right flavor, but I'm sure you could use similar greens and seaweed in a pinch.
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 5 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 32 ounces vegetable stock
- 3 cups chopped gai lan, including stems (Chinese broccoli)
- 1⁄2 cup dried wakame seaweed, cut into 1/8-1/4 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup whole enokitake mushroom
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- Heat 1 T vegetable oil in a 3 qt pot.
- Sauté onion, ginger, and garlic over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients, stir, fill pot to the top with cold water, return to the stove and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
I believe you forgot to indicate how much veg stock in the ingredient list.