Prep 35 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is for the contest and I am using ingredients that I would have never thought of using in a salsa. The salsa is not cooked and easy to prepare; therefore, the ingredients have a nice tasty crunch to them.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups rhubarb, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen tart cherries, drained,coarsely chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded,drained and squeeze out excess moisture
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 package pita bread
- 4 -5 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- In a large bowl combine brown sugar, honey and balsamic vinegar.
- Add next 9 ingredients and combine well.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with slice of orange and sprig of mint.
- Serve with Sugar/Cinnamon Chips.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and (cayenne, if using) in a small bowl.
- Split each pita bread into two halves.
- Score with sharp knife, but don’t cut completely through.
- Spread each half lightly with butter.
- Sprinkle each half with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degree oven for 7-10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool and break into pieces.
- Serve with Salsa.
I am so sorry, but this was not good at all. I normally love fruit salsa, but this one didn't make the grade.
I just had to make this it was so different! This was so full of flavor. I use dried cherries and frozed rhubarb everthing else I followed. Oh wait I did use Cinnamon Butter by LAU =^..^=DEE Cinnamon Butter for the pitas (which I didn`t know how much so I used 6 large pocketless pitas)place them right on the rack no pan and they took 15 minutes. This salsa is delish. A must try.
I made these chips on a wim and love them so much!!! I havent tried the salsa yet. I am waiting for the summer.