Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is a favorite in the house. Surprising considering the amount of spice in it. Overall if you like "Very Spicy" potatoes then you will love this. If you decide to tackle this job, make sure that you are not going to splatter, or if you do that you are wearing an apron. **The turmeric stains everything it touches. Keep that in mind. Even when serving.**
- 5 -6 medium potatoes
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup olive oil, if you wish
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Peel and slice potatoes thin about 1/4" thick.
- Melt butter or olive oil in deep dish fry pan.
- Mix all the spices together in a "disposable" container and keep to the side.
- Add the potatoes and sliced onions to the hot oil.
- Cover and let cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the mixed spices with a table spoon by sprinkling over the top and mixing in real good. Try to cover as much of the potatoes as possible with the spice.
- Cook uncovered, while turning periodically until potatoes are as crispy or as done as you like them.