Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this recipe on a card somewhere in a store.
Make and share this Spicy Fried Pollock recipe from Food.com.
- Combine egg and milk.
- Then spread flour, cayenne and cheese on a plate.
- Season each fillet with salt and pepper.
- Dip fillet in egg mixture, then in flour mixture, then in corn flakes.
- Place on a baking sheet lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 450°F, 10 minutes per 1 inch fillet or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Tried this out last night. It was alright, but I doubt I'll use this recipe again. Maybe it didn't turn out as well because I had to use breadcrumbs. As Derf said, I too ended up having to dip the fillets into the egg mixture a second time to get the breadcrumbs to stick... not a big deal. The fish came out nice & flaky, but we didn't fall in love with the flavor.
Just finished having this for dinner - it's wonderful! DH chose this from other recipes b/c of the cayenne pepper. I can't tolerate much spiciness, but this was perfectly seasoned. We did use corn meal instead of flour, and plain breadcrumbs instead of corn flakes. I served it with my own German potato salad and frozen mixed peas/carrots.
This was yummy! I'd never had Pollock before but found it on sale for $1/6oz. and thought I'd try it. I followed the recipe but cooked it in a skillet instead of in the oven. It came out great! Crispy, tender, and great flavor. Thanks!