I was watching one of my favourite cooking shows and they were making fried pickles. I had to search for a good recipe and this one from Bick's pickles is terrific! Tip: For a thicker coating, dip in egg, then breadcrumbs, then egg and breadcrumbs again. Cook as directed. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 liter) jar, bicks garlic baby dills (2 pints, low salt is fine)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1/2 cup bicks zesty onion relish
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Preheat oil in deep fryer to 375ºF. Drain and rinse pickles, cut into quarters lengthwise and pat dry. Lightly mix eggs in small bowl with fork, until frothy. Combine bread crumbs and seasonings in separate bowl.
- 2Dip each pickle stick in egg, then in breadcrumb mixture. Fry in small batches, 45 – 60 seconds, until golden brown and crispy. Serve with dip.
- 3Dip: Combine ingredients in small bowl.
- 5For a thicker coating, dip in egg, then breadcrumbs, then egg and breadcrumbs again. Cook as directed.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Fried Pickle Sticks and Dip
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.1
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 43.3 mg
- Sodium 439.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: