Recipe by Nif
I was watching one of my favourite cooking shows and they were making fried pickles. I had to search for a good recipe and this one from Bick's pickles is terrific! Tip: For a thicker coating, dip in egg, then breadcrumbs, then egg and breadcrumbs again. Cook as directed. Enjoy!
- 1 (1 liter) jar, bicks garlic baby dills (2 pints, low salt is fine)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1⁄2 cup bicks zesty onion relish
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oil in deep fryer to 375ºF. Drain and rinse pickles, cut into quarters lengthwise and pat dry. Lightly mix eggs in small bowl with fork, until frothy. Combine bread crumbs and seasonings in separate bowl.
- Dip each pickle stick in egg, then in breadcrumb mixture. Fry in small batches, 45 – 60 seconds, until golden brown and crispy. Serve with dip.
- Dip: Combine ingredients in small bowl.
- For a thicker coating, dip in egg, then breadcrumbs, then egg and breadcrumbs again. Cook as directed.