1/1 Photo of Spicy Fried Eggplant (Aubergine) in Cornmeal
This is one of my favourite ways to prepare eggplant. Can also substitute as meat in a vegetarian diet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut eggplant into 1cm/ 1/2 inch slices.
- 2Sprinkle lightly with salt and sit in colander for 30 minutes and allow to drain.
- 3Wipe slices dry on paper towels.
- 4Beat egg lightly in bowl with milk, spice and seasoning.
- 5Spread cornmeal on a plate.
- 6Heat oil for frying.
- 7Dip each piece of eggplant in egg mixture and allow excess to drip off, dip the slice in the cornmeal and shallow or deep fry until golden brown.
- 8Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm until all slices are fried.
- 9Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Fried Eggplant (Aubergine) in Cornmeal
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 67.6 mg
- Sodium 62.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 8.7 g