1 hr 15 mins
Grandpa Harry's Note:
A delicious fried corn is simmered with spicy sausage and seasoned chicken stock, then finished off in the oven making the perfect main dish or side serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons corn oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh, uncooked spicy sausage
- 2 cups half cooked frozen corn (unsweetened, unsalted and drained) or 2 cups fresh cut corn (unsweetened, unsalted and drained)
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the Chicken Stock, Heavy Cream, Salt, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper and Tabasco.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In a large skillet or oven-safe saute pan, cook and crumble fresh sausage until lightly brown and remove with spatula and drain on paper towels.
- 4Save the pan drippings from the sausage and in that same pan, add the corn oil.
- 5In the pan with just the corn oil and sausage drippings, after the corn oil has gotten hot, cook the white onions until they are transparent, glassy, and sizzling, sitrring and moving around with spatula.
- 6Add the corn to the pan, frying on a medium to high heat for 5-7 minutes, moving it around with a spatula and making sure not to burn.
- 7Still on a medium to high heat-- (the corn and the onions should be sizzling) now add back the drained and crumbled cooked sausage and, add the chicken stock mixture tothe pan.
- 8Stir everything together and cover with lid.
- 9Let cook covered for 5 min more on a medium to low heat.
- 10Stir and transfer uncovered pan to a pre-heated 425 oven for 15 min uncovered.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Fried Corn and Sausage Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.0
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 643.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 10.3 g