Recipe by WeBees
Very easy, crispy nibbles as an alternative to nuts or crispy peas. Epicurious Nov. 07
Top Review by gailanng
My family ate one or two and then pushed them to the side. One kid said I should have just served regular peas. The crispy exterior in no way disguises a mealy interior. I so wanted this to be something different and delicious, but it just wasn't meant to be.
- vegetable oil (for deep-frying)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed, drained again on paper towels, and patted dry
- 3⁄4 teaspoon smoked hot paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In large heavy pot, heat 3 inches oil until deep-fat thermometer registers 375°F Carefully add.
- chickpeas and fry until crisp and dark golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Using fine-mesh spider or slotted spoon,.
- transfer to paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle immediately with paprika and salt and serve hot.
- (Chickpeas can be made up to 4 hours ahead and stored at room temperature. Rewarm in microwave or broiler before serving.).