Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Really great chicken with a kick.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1⁄4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- Remove skin from chicken and place the chicken in a plastic bag.
- Pour hot sauce over chicken, seal bag and refrigerate to marinate for at least 1 hour, up to 24 hours.
- The longer the chicken marinates, the spicier it will be.
- In another plastic bag combine the flour, cornmeal and salt.
- Add chicken, seal bag and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet to medium high heat.
- Add chicken and fry, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Turn occasionally to brown.