1/1 Photo of Spicy Fried Celery
I serve this quick side dish when I'm cooking a Japanese meal. this is one of the few ways I enjoy celery cooked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the celery sticks into 4cm lengths, then finely shred these vertically.
- 2Slice the chilli thinly.
- 3Heat the oil in a fry pan, and add the celery, chilli and sugar.
- 4Stir-fry over a moderate heat for 1 minute, then add the soy sauce and continue stir frying for a further minute or two and until all the liquid has evaporated.
- 5To keep the celery crisp, evaporate the liquid quickly.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Fried Celery
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.2
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 542.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 1.4 g