1/2 Photos of Spicy Fried Asparagus Stalks
I adore asparagus but too often I trim off the tips and much of the stem goes to waste. I decided to take inspiration from one of my favourite recipes here on Zaar, Spicy Fried Celery #23818 by JanS, to create this use for asparagus stems.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the asparagus stems in half lengthwise.
- 2In a wok, heat the oil until very hot.
- 3Put in the stems and chilli flakes or chilli and fry for 30 seconds.
- 4Add the water and sugar and cook on a high heat for about 4 minutes or until the stems are nearly tender.
- 5This may take longer if your stems are especially thick.
- 6Add the soy sauce and cook a minute longer.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Fried Asparagus Stalks
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.4
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1068.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 6.3 g