Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
So easy to make and tastes so much better than the bottled stuff.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients except oil in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- With blender running, add oil in a slow steady stream.
- Continue blending until mixture is thick.
- Chill several hours before serving.
I made one cup and used in Recipe #79708 then served it on the salad with the shrimp. Didn't think it was spicy but good.
I used this in the marinade for Recipe #79708 with delicious results. Thanks for sharing!
I love this dressing with an additional tbsp of worchestershire sauce and no celery salt. I can't tell the difference with or without the lime juice; however, a couple of sprigs of fresh basil gives a different but surprisingly spring taste to this. Also, this is a wonderful dressing for broiled salmon, halibut, flounder, etc. Better than any tartar sauce.