Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
If I'm cooking for a party or family get-together, I can put this beef in the slow cooker in the morning and then concentrate on other preparations. It's a great time-saver and never fails to get rave reviews.
- 1 (3 lb) boneless sirloin tip roast, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 12 crusty rolls (5 inches)
- Place beef in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, jalapenos and dressing mix; pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef and shred using two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices.
- Serve beef on buns with juice.
Oh how good this smells and seems to be driving 'dog' crazy! As a matter of fact, 'dog'...who happens to be my own personal guard dog and built-in alarm system, is at this very second under my desk protecting me from that dastardly leaf blower lurking outside.
Deliciously tender, fall-apart sandwiches. The jalapenos add a nice kick to these. I added some provolone cheese on top. Yummy! A definite keeper.