Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A yummy Dip. A Bit spicy. Good for Super Bowl Parties! Cooking time is for stove-top preparation.
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat or 2 tablespoons other oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chili beans with chipotle pepper (S&W Brand)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces frankfurters (2 or 3 franks depending on brand)
- Heat oil in a 2-quart saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic.
- Add the Chili Beans (do not drain) and bring to a simmer.
- Mash the beans into pieces with a flat mallet or potato masher.
- Cut the cream cheese into one-inch cubes and add to beans.
- Stir until the cream cheese melts, then add the shredded cheese and continue stirring until it melts.
- Cut the frankfurters into small pieces and stir them inches Add salt if needed.
- Transfer to a 1-quart crockpot and keep warm to serve.
- Serve with crackers, chips or veggies.
- (Note: If you have the time, you can add all ingredients to the crockpot and slow cook for a couple of hours; I would still sauté the onion and garlic before adding to the crockpot).