Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
A combination of three recipes I have tried.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 2 medium tilapia fillets
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne (to taste)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 2 flour tortillas, heated 30 sec. in microwave
- Mix together sour cream, cilantro and lime juice. Chill.
- In a pie plate, lightly beat egg with mayonnaise until smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients (on waxed paper).
- Over medium-high heat, heat oil and butter in a large, heavy skillet.
- Dip fish in egg mixture, then dredge through bread crumbs.
- Place in hot oil and fry until done, 2-3 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily.
- Serve immediately in a heated flour tortilla with the sauce.