Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My take on a Pinch of Yum's recipe.
Make and share this Spicy Fish Taco Bowls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (ancho or chipotle works great)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tilapia fillets (can sub trout)
- 1 -2 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup sweet corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups white rice or 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- fresh cilantro
- jalapeno pepper
- avocado (a must have)
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- pico de gallo
- crushed taco chips
- 1 dash lime juice
- Mix the spices together in a small bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle generously over both sides of the fish filets.
- Drizzle the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add the garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add the fish filets to the pan. Pan fry the fish on each side for several minutes, checking the middle for doneness (fish should be completely white and flake apart easily). Remove fish filets and set aside. Note: A minute or so before removing from heat, you may add a squirt of lime, if desired.
- Add corn, red peppers and onions to the pan. Cook over high heat for several minutes, without stirring to get a brown/black roasted look on the outside. Repeat for several minutes (stir, wait, stir, wait) until the peppers and onions are tender-crisp. Add the black beans and heat through.
- Layer hot rice, corn/pepper mixture and fish in a bowl or mix everything together in the skillet. Top with any of the toppings listed above.