Norahs Girl's Note:
An easy tish dish--ideal for a midweek supper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 140 g all-purpose flour
- 2 ml cayenne pepper
- 5 ml dried basil
- 6 hake fillets (or fish of choice)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- fresh breadcrumb
- oil (for frying)
- 1Combine the cake flour, cayenne pepper and dried basil and transfer the mixture to a fairly large flat plate.
- 2Season the hake fillets to taste with salt and roll each fillet in the cake flour mixture.
- 3Dip each fillet in the whisked egg and roll in the breadcrumbs.
- 4Place on a baking sheet and chill for about 15 minutes.
- 5Fry in heated oil until brown on the outside and cooked inside.
- 6Sauté the onion and green pepper in a little heated oil until soft.
- 7Add the rice and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- 8Pour over the chicken stock and simmer until the rice is tender and done, adding boiling water if necessary.
- 9Sauté the mushrooms in a separate pan until done and mix with the cooked rice.
- 10Add the pecan nuts.
- 11Spoon the rice onto a serving platter or onto individual plates and place the fish on top.
- 12Serve with tartar sauce or slices of lemon.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Fish on Savoury Rice
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.3
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 172.3 mg
- Sodium 271.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 52.7 g