Recipe by -Patrish
I found this on the Internet at Fishermansexpress.com but haven't tried it yet. There was no amount given for the flour but I would think a cup should be sufficient. I also think the amounts given for the spices is a little sparse, at least for my palette, so I added "to taste" since what one person thinks is spicy may differ from another person.
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt (to taste)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- pepper, lots to taste
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- self-rising flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except flour; blend well.
- Cut fish into thin strips.
- Roll fish in flour; shake off excess.
- Dip in egg batter, then roll in flour again and shake off excess.
- Fry in moderately hot oil until golden brown. If oil is too hot, batter will burn.