Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Spicy fry. (I used Tilapia)
- 5 fish fillets
- 1 inch gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour
- 5 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 drops orange food coloring
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Cut the fish fillets into good size pieces.
- Clean the pieces and dry them.
- Soak the pieces in lime juice for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile grind the remaining ingredients (except rice flour and coloring) into fine paste.
- Add the rice flour and food coloring to make a thick batter. add little water if necessary.
- Put the fish in this batter so that they are immersed completely. Let is marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Fry the fish until it gets browned on one side.
- Turn over and brown the other side.
- Drain any excess oil, garnish with finely chopped cliantro and serve.