Recipe by Vino Girl
From Cooking Light (May 2005).
Top Review by Cook4_6
I have never had a filet mignon I did not like. This was good, but not my favorite preparation. Next time perhaps I will try it grilled like one of the other reviewers who rated this recipe outstanding -- that could be the differences. I liked the mixture of spices, and the onion topping.
- cooking spray
- 2 cups vidalia onions or 2 cups other sweet onion, sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) filet mignon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add onion; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Cook 8 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Combine garlic powder and next 5 ingredients (everything except the meat) in a small bowl; sprinkle this mixture over both sides of beef.
- Add beef to pan; grill 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Serve topped with grilled onions.