Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is a combination of all the best ingredients from all the other turkey chili recipes I could find. If you like spicy, this is your turkey chili, however you can make it milder by adding less of the spicy ingredients. If you do Weight Watchers, it is only 2 points per cup (serving)!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 bell peppers (diced, any color)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 6 ounces mushrooms (chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (drained)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (with chilis, do not drain)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Combine the oregano, black pepper, cumin, salt, onion powder, sugar, bay leaf, red pepper flakes, chili powder, and cayenne pepper and set aside.
- Cut up the bell peppers, onion, garlic, and mushrooms.
- Saute (on medium to medium high depending on your stove) the turkey, oil, onion, garlic, bell pepper, and mushrooms in a dutch oven (no need to drain). When these ingredients are almost done, add the spices and continue to saute until the meat and vegetables are done.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer on low for an hour, more if you like.
- Good served with fat free sour cream and/or low fat cheese (not included in nutritional information).
This recipe was awesome! Usually my husband and I have to add tobasco to our chilis, not this one! And I do Weight Watchers so thanks for the points info too!
delicious! not overly spicy, and very flavorful. i've never put mushrooms in my chili before - great addition!
This chili is awesome and healthy! I would add more garlic next time just because I like it so much! I'll be making this again for sure