Top Review by Gingernut
Very good ... I added some lemon juice and fresh parsley. They were a little too wet, so I added some breadcrumbs and a little flour as well. They tasted like the falafdel from my favourite falafel shop ... yum!
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 400 g chickpeas, washed and drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and fry onion and garlic over a low heat until softened.
- Tip into a large bowl with chickpeas and spices and mash everything together (At home I use my magic bullet because im lazy). Add egg and squash into patty shapes with hands.
- Fry in the remaining oil for 3 minutes each side.
- Best served hot.