Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are really cheap to make, ideal for beloved children leaving for Uni or college. They can be stuffed in pittas with tahini sauce (try Mint Tahini Dressing) or served with salad and hummus
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 400 g chickpeas, washed and drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and fry onion and garlic over a low heat until softened.
- Tip into a large bowl with chickpeas and spices and mash everything together (At home I use my magic bullet because im lazy). Add egg and squash into patty shapes with hands.
- Fry in the remaining oil for 3 minutes each side.
- Best served hot.
Very good ... I added some lemon juice and fresh parsley. They were a little too wet, so I added some breadcrumbs and a little flour as well. They tasted like the falafdel from my favourite falafel shop ... yum!