Recipe by Maureenie
A loaf of your favorite crusty bread is a must with this one dish meal!
Top Review by jennyblender
This is offically the best greens n beans recipe I have ever found! Wow!! THat pretty much sums it up. Make this just as written and use 1 jalepeno instead of 2-3 hot peppers. I loved this so much that I tried to double the recipe the next week. THat didn't work quite as well. It was too liquid-y. SO, I am going to try it again but not double the liquid. Seriously, I can't say enough about how great this is! Thanks a million Maureenie!!!
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 hot peppers (i.e., chili peppers or serrano peppers) (optional) or 2 -3 may substitute cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans, with liquid (or any white beans)
- 1 head escarole, tripled rinsed and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces of cooked ditalini (or other small macaroni)
- grated romano cheese, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a non-stick stock pot.
- Saute garlic, onion, and peppers in the hot oil on medium high until onion is transparent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add beans with liquid and cook on medium high for about 5 minutes, allowing some of the liquid to boil off.
- Lower the heat to medium low and add the escarole. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the wine and black pepper and mix well. Replace cover and simmer for another 10 minutes or until escarole is soft.
- Add the cooked ditalini to the escarole and beans. Stir to combine well.
- Serve in bowls and sprinkle with grated cheese.