Recipe by **Mandy**
I've been collecting recipes since I was a teenager, this is a cut-out from one of teenage recipe books. Great little appetizers!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 60 g spanish salami, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 tomatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1⁄2 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine onion and salami in a medium frypan and stir over high heat for 3 mins or until onion is soft and salami is crisp.
- Stir tomato and pepper into pan and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in puree, bring to the boil, then simmer, uncovered for about 15 mins, or until mixture is thick.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Using a 8cm round cutter, cut 16 rounds from pastry. Place 1 heaped teaspoon of mixture into the centre of each round and brush edges with egg.
- Fold the rounds in half and press the edges to gether to enclose the filling.
- Place on a lightly greased oven tray and brush with remaining egg.
- Bake at 190.C for approx 12 mins or until golden.